To map a network shared drive permanently on your Windows computer, follow these instructions:
- Right-click on My Computer (XP) or Computer (Win 7).
- Select Map Network Drive... from the menu.
- Select an unused drive letter (preferably towards the end of the alphabet).
- In the Folder: field, type in the full path to the network shared drive. (This should be provided by IT support.)
- Make sure the "Reconnect at logon" box is checked.
- Click Finish
- You should now see the network shared drive appear under the list of drives within My Computer.